Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Poor baby

So after Christmas Everett started getting a little cold :(. I took him to the doctor and they said that they could not give him any medicene because he was too young. They just told me to suction out his nose, use salene drops, elevate him while he sleeps and get a humidifier. I cannot tell you how horrible it is to watch your baby be sick and not be able to do anything about it. So I have had to watch him sneeze and cough and throw up because he coughs so hard he gags and not be able to do anything. For those of you who have not done it let me tell you sictioning their nose out with the bulb thing is not a lot of fun. The first time I did it he just looked at me like what was that?!? Now he knows what is going to happen so when he sees it he starts swatting at me and crying before I even start. He absolutely hates it. Of course if someone put and object inside your nose and was sucking your brains out I guess you woldn't like it either. He has finally gotten to the point a week later to where he looks like he is starting to get a little better and his little personality is starting to come back. He has smiled at me more today than he has in a week. I truly missed that smile.

On the agenda for this week is going to meet his babysitter. She is such a sweet lady and when I talked to her on the phone she was so excited to finally meet him. Of course this meeting means that I am getting closer to having to go back to work. :( It is a weird feeling. On one hand I am kind of ready to go back to work and have interactions with people and get out of the house. On the other hand I am going to miss my days with him. I do not want to miss out on anything but unless Andrew and I come into a lot of money sometime soon I am going to have to leave him. I am also hoping to go visit my students sometime this week. I miss them.

We go to the doctor next week for his shots. I am not looking forward to it. I am hoping that Andrew will be able to take off to come with me. They say that the first time your baby gets shots it is pretty traumatic for the both of you. That is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment