Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sometimes being a mommy is hard!

So this past week it really hit me that I was going to have to go back to work soon. We took Everett to meet his babysitter. She was really excited about having him and thought he was super cute. But who wouldn't think so? :) It was nice to see her with him and see how exicted she was about having him. She was really good with him and he is going to be her only baby so she and him can snuggle all day. I asked her if she had ever had a baby as small as him and she told me no that he would be her first. Hehe I love my little man.
Speaking of little! We are officially into newborn clothes! I have been putting him in them for a couple weeks now but he is starting to fill them out and they are not quite as humongous on him as they were at first we are also in newborn diapers!
Anyway, I got a little off track. It also hit home for me when I took him up to the school on Thursday to meet my students. They were all very excited to see the both of us. I couldn't believe how big some of them looked. It was weird coming back into my room knowing that someone else had been teaching them. I began talking to the sub about report cards (which are going out the week I come back) and commentaries (which are a huge pain). I have to get all of them done including the commentaries before I go back and I am not sure how that is going to happen since I now have a little man that consumes a good deal of my time :)
Anyway, with all of this stuff hitting me I started to realize that in two weeks I will have to take Everett to a babysitter and I had better start getting to work on adjusting his schedule and doing something that I have not wanted to do which is teach him how to sooth himself to sleep. This is not the same thing as putting him in bed when he is halfway asleep and he drifts off from there. This is putting him in bed when it is time for his nap and not getting him up until nap time is over. Needless to say it has been HORRIBLE! Until today I would put him down and he would cry for 15 minutes. I would go in and hold him for a few minutes and then put him back down and then he would cry for 15 minutes. This would continue for the whole nap time! He would never give in and just keep crying. I felt so bad for him cause it is my fault that he has gotten this use to things being done this way. My mom keeps telling me that this is just one of the hard things about being a mother (having to listen to your baby cry) but I NEVER thought it would be this hard. I watch the clock the entire time and have to restrain myself from running in there to go get him. Today he finally went to sleep in his bed. But I had to stand over him and run his face with his blanket. That isn't quite what we wanted but it is a start. He is going to get it I just have to keep telling myself that. That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment