Monday, February 15, 2010

Good Intentions

Ok so I had all of these good intentions for this blog to keep everyone updated on what is going on in our lives and then I go back to work and it all goes down hill from there. So let me give all of you some updates on what has been going on with the Ivy family.

As previously mentioned I went back to work about three weeks ago. I was magically given one more day with Everett when a truck drove into his babysitters house and she had to close for one day because she had no water (luckily that was all that happened and she just had to do a few repairs to the outside of the house). So I returned to work the next day which was really hard for me. I never realized how hard it would be to go back to work until I actually experienced it for myself. There were a lot of tears and I called my mom after dropping him off to get some moral support but I made it through. It made it easier when I saw all of the kids when they came in. They were all so excited to see me. But, let me tell you when that bell rang for us to leave I was OUT the door and driving through the parking lot on two wheels to go and get him. I went straight in without talking to anyone picked him up and gave him a great big hug! Now that I have been doing it for three weeks now it has gotten easier and I think it makes me a better mommy because the time that I do get to spend with him I treasure and I can tell when I pick him up at the end of the day he has missed me. Here are a few pictures from that first day.
Dressed and ready to go!
When I think back over the past month I cannot believe how much Everett has grown and changed. He is swatting a stuff (which he did for the first time at the babysitters and it really made me upset!!) and when his hand comes across something such as a toy he will grab onto it. He isn't reaching out and grabbing yet but I am sure that will come next. He is moving a lot more now and really likes kicking his legs and arms around. We also FINALLY got the holding the head up thing down. I thought he was never going to hold his head up but I guess because he is so small it just took him a little longer. He is now wearing sixe 1 diapers which made me very excited! I didn't think we would ever get out of newborn diapers. He is still wearing newborn clothes but he is definately growing out of them. He is getting too long not too round for them. He can wear some of his 0-3 month clothes without them swallowing him whole but the rest are no where close to fitting. Here are some pictures that I have taken over the last month. He is such a cutie!

I have some videos too but I have to figure out how to upload them. Andrew's birthday was yesterday. So all of the friends got together and went to dinner at El Azteca and then a few of them came back to our house for some yummy caramel cake and ice cream that Becca made (Thanks Becca!!). Then last night we went to dinner at Sticky Fingers and then came back home and watched a movie. Of course, Everett had to get dressed up for the occassion!
Well that is all for now! Hopefully I wont be so bad about updating in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment